Facebook Pixel Marketing
It’s a given that the English language is tricky. Double meanings, similes, metaphors, personifications, hyperboles…and MORE JARGON, especially new marketing jargon. How do you keep up?
Especially when the same word has multiple meanings. I mean, it’s not even fair.
No exception here. Let’s discuss the word pixel.
With a Google search you get this:
a minute area of illumination on a display screen, one of many from which an image is composed
That’s one definition, for sure. And, of course Google wouldn’t serve up Facebook’s definition of what a “pixel” means to them. Something entirely different. Same word, entirely different meaning.
The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that allows you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding the actions people take on your website. You can use pixel data to:
– Make sure your ads are being shown to the right people
– Build advertising audiences
– Unlock additional Facebook advertising tools
This definition is completely different from the first and has powerful implications for your business, if done properly. Facebook Pixel is tracking script (think Google Analytics crossed with a cookie, but more powerful) that is placed within the existing header code of your website (most of them), series of landing pages, funnel and more.
It’s how you are able to leverage Facebook advertising for your business smartly. It’s not just boosting a post. It isn’t cat memes. Although a strategy for some, this is advertising. It’s using the pixel tracking code, the tools and immense ad platform Facebook provides to take your business, project or effort to the next level. Next 42 levels, for that matter.
The reasons why are endless, but some of our favorites are these:
- Facebook advertising has tremendous real estate. There are 1.65 billion consumers, only 5 million businesses advertising.
- Your demographic is on Facebook, on average 20 minutes a day. Might as well advertise to them on a platform where they are dwelling.
- Amazing reporting and SUPER creative ad platforms.
- Facebook advertising can be effective for almost every type of business out there (there some exceptions, Facebook policies dictate a lot of that).
- Your business likely has assets (customer databases, website traffic, page engagement and more) that are amazing opportunities to create custom audiences, create lookalike audiences, build those lists, build the engagement, automate with your current CRM…AND SO MUCH MORE!
Honestly, the opportunities are nearly endless and this blog post doesn’t do this subject matter any justice.
Not sure where to begin? Have some questions? Not sure if this is a good fit for you, your business and future goals?
Schedule a 30 minutes strategy call with our team; we’ll be able to best assess what type of funnel you need, what type of ad spend, diagnose current advertising efforts you’re doing on Facebook and can create, manage and help you grow your business exponentially.
It can’t hurt, give us a call — we love this stuff.