Current Job Openings
We are always looking for passionate people to join our team. Send us a resumé and let us know what you could offer our team – email@example.com
WordPress Front-End Web Developer
Flathead Beacon Productions (FBP) is currently seeking an experienced WordPress Front-End
Web Developer who has a great understanding of HTML and CSS, has experience developing
websites in WordPress, and loves working on the front-end of websites. Photoshop, XD and
other Adobe CreativeCloud software experience is a big plus.
The role of this position will be to help develop effective and creative interfaces for new client
websites, making updates to current website projects, and helping with other digital marketing
agency tasks. The successful candidate will work closely with our team of back-end web
developers, graphic designers and marketing team to meet and fulfill client needs. The frontend developer will work directly with clients and must be able to communicate clearly and
effectively while consulting on digital marketing services offered by FBP. This candidate must
have experience with SEO best practices, modern web trends, social media marketing, and
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Speak and communicate directly with clients giving recommendations for new Websites or
- Lead client meetings and help with the sales of new projects
- Help create a scope of work for new projects by estimating time to complete tasks
- Create innovative solutions to web design issues to make websites more visually appealing
and enhance usability.
- Has accountability for the successful completion of projects on time and within budget.
- Implement responsive web design principles to ensure websites render across multiple
- Works directly with back-end developer and graphic designers to create websites using the
- Works directly with agency director on client meetings and fulfilling client needs.
- Proactive in finding newer Frameworks to automate overall web development.
- Implement SEO on websites.
- Ability to track and manage time while working on various projects.
- Experience with / willingness to learn Facebook/Google Ads Management.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2+ years’ web development experience required
- Proficiency with WordPress and other CMS Website Systems
- Understanding of Custom Post Types and custom web development
- Proficient with HTML and CSS
AngularJS is preferred
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Sketch
- Experience with XD a plus
- Extensive knowledge of web development tools and programming languages
- Experience with E-Commerce preferred (Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, etc.)
Graphic Designer – Experience Preferred
Flathead Beacon Productions, a marketing agency and publication house located in Montana’s Flathead Valley, is seeking a graphic designer to join its team.
From our location in downtown Kalispell, we produce three flagship publications including the Flathead Beacon, a weekly news publication, Flathead Living, a quarterly lifestyle magazine and Glacier Journal, an annual visitor guide to Glacier National Park. Alongside these publications, we also provide marketing, branding and web design services for local businesses and organizations.
While we are considering candidates of all skill levels, the ideal candidate has experience designing a wide variety of projects ranging from digital to print and has the ability to take a design brief from concept to completed project. Alongside being passionate about the work we do, qualified candidates should be equally enthusiastic about living the Rocky Mountain lifestyle.
Job Type: Full Time
Level of Experience: Entry-level to Advanced
Education: Bachelors or Associates of Graphic Design or Related Field
Benefits include: 401k Matching, Health, Dental, Vision, Ski and Golf Passes, 2 weeks of vacation to start, plus holidays
Work Location: Kalispell, Montana.
Remote Work: not considered
- An online portfolio showcasing experience in print and online design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, After Effects). Bonus points for experience with Sketch and WordPress
- Experience designing magazines, websites, advertisements, logos and company branding
- Ability to create publication dummies on a weekly basis and place ads on pages
- Experience or desire to design high-end real estate publications
- Ability to take initiative with projects and communicate with project managers and clients through the creative process
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a deadline driven environment
- Be able to prioritize projects to meet deadlines and communicate daily/weekly progress
- Willing to work late to get the job done if needed
- Knowledge of printing prepress requirements
- Have a drive to continually learn new skills and adapt to company needs